Welcome to my personal page, related to the mountain and the RC Off road
This is about small but powerful 4x4, just over two spans.
In January 2006 I started to take the Emaxx in my excursions in the Pyrenees.
Slowly, it was getting ready to go footpath and reach some peaks .
At the beginning of 2014 he had published 190 outings with the Emaxx Rc monster truck and slightly more
than 3600 images, it had reached 2800 m altitude in Brecha de Roland pass
and equipped the Emaxx with chains and spikes for ice that used in conjunction
with my crampons in winter departures
<-Photo taken in the first route, path to Anie peak(attempt). Also
that started this site and which remains, after three years, one of my
Crossing a small waterfall in the river valley
of Aguaslimpias, going to Respumoso shelter during the winter of 2008.
E Electric. E-Maxx 3906 is a monster truck, RC model, all-terrain
4X4 , scale 1 / 8. Silent, powerful, reliable and very hard.
Able to throw his 5 kg. to 50 km / h in a few seconds, not exactly a low
cost toy that can be found by the dozen in large supermarkets.
During the first year of use we totally forget the word "low cost"
In the mountains, the transmission ratio is modified to less than
13 km/h in second gear, allowing the emaxx go in first gear to our speed
walking 3-7 km/h
Peaks and Ibon of Anayet in the western Pyrenees. In the background the
Midi d'Ossau reaching 9461 feet . Very visible from anywhere
Water, ice, dirt, mud, rock, grass, snow, reed bed, tiny trails.
Each surface has a difficulty and every lonely landscape attractiveness
<- A place where we must not stumble . 01-01-2008 Anboto
Emaxx & Snow Limits ?. That is. (Arlas) Feb / 2009 ->
I do not care at all out with radio-controlled
car in adverse weather conditions. We will walk more slowly perhaps.
-12ºC In the Navarre Pyrenees, an area of Belagua.
+34ºC In the Bardenas, a semiarid zone.
Rising among the blizzard to Peñas de Aia ->.
near Landless Castil in The Bardenas -->.
The car is powered by two electric Titan motors, by
14.4 V. To feed them you need two 7.2 V batteries in series. The total capacity
of batteries in a long route may exceed 35,000 mah and weight 6 Kilos.
Each battery allows up between 200 and 250 m . The current autonomy (7
packs going up and two back) is between +1200 and +1400 m drop both positive
and negative. In the distance could reach from the prairie Ordesa National
Park the Goriz shelter before needing "reload",
more or less like most of us. 35,000 mah recharge their batterie packs
,need around 9 hours.
Above, link broken at left rear hub on Canal Roya. He returns dragging
the rear wheel in this position but with traction
A week later, in the same valley, broke the steering servo due to ice accumulation
I have not been there. It has two of the three damage suffered in recent
<- Top of Cortaplana peak, Winter, (route highlighted)
Atxerito path . On right the Chinebral of Gamueta.
Going to Aizkorri, highest mountain in my province, I've been 3 times
Going to Ernio. One of the classic areas to practice a bit the car's handling.
Right ,on the calcareous plates of Zumaya Flysch
Going to the Breche de Roland (2808 m), below the Sarradets Refuge.
This mix of hobbies, boots and wheels, has one drawback: The need for attention
while both the ground beneath our feet and the car that runs two or three
meters ahead. In a narrow path, steep areas or ice is dangerous. I could
not avoid slips, falls and serious injury.
Another classic of the Navarre Pyrenees: Emaxx to Petrechema
Angel Orús Refuge on Eriste, Central Pyrenees
"Paso del Oso" closeness
Collado "des Moines" on Astún Resort
<-On the left,heading up the hill with tires equipped with chains and
spikes for ice versus a one of the worst blizzards and driving in extreme
conditions that I have had with the Emaxx
Climbing a narrow but long creek ->
Towards Bisaurin, 2nd attempt without getting beyond the reeds. I will try
Walk through the valley of Aguas Tuertas, to the Gabedaille pass
Ezkaurre Peak, July 2009. very interesting and beautiful climb.
Most routes in the car made in the Pyrenees. In the image above Path to Pessons circus. Andorra
I saw a car! I saw a car!
Ice condensate even in the bodywork
First snow falls, we must not lose the opportunity
Winter walk on the ice and fog
Where NOT to go to the 3rd Peña de Aia
Atypical excursion to the "Toro of Alfajarin". Amazing landscapes
the top of Txindoki peak toward Aralar Mountains
Another and raining, we are. Egural pass trail
First test mounting snow chains, in 2007.
Aralar mountains. Landscape from the top of Txindoki.
The TQ3 transmiter uses a channel to the steering
wheel, one for the throttle / brake and the third to change gear. It has
a range of 80 to 100 meters, but are not required over 20.
The suspension is independent arms, on which 8 oil dampers support its 5 kg weight. The suspension travel up to 75 mm in the higher position.
Mountain paths and trails of medium difficulty climbing can cause problems
when returning. In one of the land castils
of the Bardenas returning by the same route by which he had risen, I got
into a mess that took me out for a while.
In the pictures, near the headwaters of a river and road to an ancient shrine, ski resort today
In these 190 outings , the Emaxx has suffered three falls on the side,
lowering the Orhi Peak , Raising the ravine of Culivillas and
down from the Pilate Balcony to the Urederra river. Only the
Orhi, with over 100 meters into the air tumbling down the slope was severe
and could not be repaired at the time, broke the union of the central chassis
with the rear. For many trips, if a risk of not being able to stop I use
a 8 m. extensible leash between the car and my backpack hip belt
In a strong side slope, there are very few seconds to try to stop a fall , three somersaults and if not stopped by itself, reaches the valley.
Excursions, each title has a link to the website in detail.
- #01 Pierre of St Martin. winter
- #02 Foraton pass. winter. Bisaurin 1º attempt>
- #03 Peña Oroel. winter.
- #04 Zelatun pass and Ernio. winter.
- #05 Aralar. winter.
- #06 Bianditz. winter.
- #07 Ernio. 1ª
- #08 Aizkorri peak San Adrian path. 1ª
- #09 Txindoki , Larraitz path. 1ª
- #10 1ª Peña de aia , first attempt to 2nd Peak
- #11 Recognize land of Aia 3rd rock from Aritxulegi
- #12 Petrechema. Spring
- #13 mountain lake of Atxerito
- #14 Abandonment Bisaurin peak. CVD axle breakage. 2nd Attempt
- #15 Bisaurin peak, third attempt at 2400m
- #16 Larra Karst, Anie peak field test
- #17 Aizkorri San Adrian. 2nd Ascent
- #18 Valleys of Estós. Batisielles mountain lake
- #19 Espigantosa waterfall, Angel Orús refuge
- #20 Central -the highest, 11169 feet- Pyrenees. Remune Valley
- #21 Central Pyreenes , Vallibierna lakes
- #22 Bachimaña lakes -> Attempt, Infiernos pass
- #23 Moncayo . Top of Iberica mountain range
- #24 Orhi First 2000m, coming from the West . 1ª
- #25 'El toro de Alfajarin', Advertising board only?
- #26 Ernio . 3ª
- #27 Tena and Aguaslimpias valley . winter
- #28 Canal Roya. Winter (ice: broken servo)
- #29 Canal Roya II. Winter (broken rear link)
- #30 Ordesa winter. Hunting path. Horse Tail waterfall
- #31 1st Test ice Chains and nails
- #32 Bianditz . winter Ok
- #33 Andorra winter trails. Pessons Lakes. Abandonment by injury.
- #34 Tristaina Lakes , Andorra .
- #35 Juclar Lakes , Andorra.
- #36 Casamanya peak 2740 m.
- #37 Urbia Aitxuri Aketegi Aizkorri.
- #38 Lake mountain of Anayet - trail Corral de las Mulas.
- #39a Following highway works N121-A (I).
- #39b Following highway works N121-A(II).
- #39c Following highway works N121-A(III)
- #40 The Bardenas . 'Las cortinas' ravine.
- #41 The Bardenas . El Rallon, Deer pass .
- #42 Aritxulegui (en preparacion)
- #43 Txindoki . Invernal
- #44 Anboto (attempt -50 m top)
- #45 Winter walk by Guarrinza Oza forest
- #46 Helical-Pescamou-Baticoche. Winter
- #47 Escalar Lake. Astun . Climbing Col des Moines. Winter
- #48 Arditurri, old mining area
- #49 Birth of Urederra river. From Baquedano
- #50 Birth of Urederra river. From Pilate balcony Km.22
- #51 Last March snow
- #52 Transversal trail Eluretxe pass to Aritxulegi pass
- #53 Orhi. 2nd ascent
- #54 Old path of pilgrims from Queralbs to Nuria
- #55 Volcanoes of the Garrotxa
- #56 Portalet pass - Pombie shelter - Peyreget peak
- #57 First attempt at 3rd Aia Peak
- #58 Rain in the Txindoki trail
- #59 3rd Aizkorri rise
- #60a (I) Col Tentes - Sarradets - Brecha Roland
- #60b (II) Col Tentes - Sarradets - Brecha Roland
- #61 Aia 2nd peak. Ok
- #62 Chinebral de Gamueta. winter
- #63 Aguastuertas and Gabedaille pas. winter
- #64 Linza , Linza shelter [snow donuts]
- #65 Yesa Reservoir. Lowest water level
- #66 Aralar outings. Forgot snowshoes?
- #67 Lakora mountain . 1st attempt by the crest. hard Winter
- #68 Arlas . Winter
- #69 Ernio peak 5ª . Winter
- #70 Cortaplana Ok. Invernal
- #71 Aia . winter bad weather
- #72 New failed attempt at the 3rd Aia peak
- #73 Txindoki again. abandonment by injury
- #74 Recognition field at Beriain Mountain
- #75 Unanu , Beriain , San Donato
- #76 Flysch de Zumaia
- #77 Larrau Holcarte Olhadubi
- #78 Linza mountain pass.
- #79 Peña Ezkaurre
- #80 Lakora from Portillo Eraiz Ok.
- #81 4th Attempt to Errolbide peak, Third rock of Aia range.
- #82 Kartxela from Belagua
- #83 Petraficha from Tacheras -collado-.
- #84 Artikutza - Cromlechs - Bianditz - gate house.
- #85 Portalet - EmaxSnowing
- #86 Aizkorri IV ,
- #87 Portalet II
- #88 Arditurri. Snow in iron mines
- #89 Aritxulegui Bianditz . Snow.
San Donato [broken Diff]
- #91 Bianditz from Bianditz mountain pass. Winter.
Peñas de Aya .
- #93 Aia . Castillo del Ingles
- #94 Linza, invernal
- #95 Aia castillo Ingles II
- #96 Paseo por Aralar
- #97 Bardenas Reales, Piskerra and Paso de los Ciervos
- #98 Cap de Creus Stage 1. Home GR-11
- #99 Aizkorri, Aketegi y Atxuri .
- #100 Txindoki. Eh...what's up, doc?",
- #101 Txindoki, The slope of Lightning!
- #102- Ardirurri , Otsamantegi
- #103. Nth Attempt on Anie Peak,
- #104 Mountain pass and Tower of Horcados Rojos. (I) Picos Europa
- #104a Mountain pass and Tower of Horcados Rojos. (II) Picos Europa
- #105 High Brazato mountain lakes
- #106 Mountain Lake of Saman / Iseria
- #107 Chipeta Alto peak , from Guarrinza
- #108 Aizkorri 2010
- #109 Bianditz
- #110 Peñas Aia ,winter
- #111 Linza Dic-2010
- #111-a Linza Dic-2010
- #112 Snow in the Ernio
- #113 Peñas Aia 2ª /2010
- #114 Aralar Igaratza snow
- -------2011 Links ---------------------
- #114 Aralar Igaratza winter
- #115 San Donato Emaxx and Summit
- #116 Aisa Riguelo snow/winter
- #117 Aizkorri a -8ºC (Emaxx & Summit)
- #118 Nacedero Urederra (Emaxx & Summit
- #119 Brazato ibon bajo - Panticosa Invernal. Emaxx
- #120 Peña Oroel Invernal
- #121 Kartxela Abr 2011
- #122 VI al Txindoki
- #123 VII al Txindoki
- #124 Aizkorri May 2011
- #125 Txindoki por cuesta del Rayo
- #126 Ordesa Cazadores-Faja Pelay-Cola Caballo
- #127 Picos Europas LaCanalona-PeñaVieja(hasta 2350)
- #128 Ernio VII 2011
- #129 Aizkorri-Aketegi
- #130 Aia, Agosto 2011
- #131 Ernio-Gazume
- #132 Pic Aiguillete 2516 Bielsa
- #133 Cañon Añisclo 1ª parte
- #134 Ibon Bassa de la Mora y collado Ibon
- #135 Cascada Cinca-Pineta
- #136 Balcon de Pineta(hasta 2300 por averia)
- #137 Aia
- #138 Gazume y Ernio
- #139 Barranco Anzotiello
- #140 Embalse Yesa bajo, termas
- #141 Valle de Atxerito
- #142 Peñas aia, primeros hielos
- -------2012---Links- Only Pics.
- #143 Aizkorii 1 Ene 2012
- #144 Izona arlas Batikotxe Karst Larra Invernal
- #145 Aia primeras nevadas 2012. Invernal
- #146 Bianditz desde Aritxulegi, 1ª ola de frio
- #147 Aralar Febrero 2012
- #148 Artikutza helado
- #149 Valle de Izas (averia escobillas motor)
- #150 Ibon Atxerito, ultimas nieves
- #151 San Donato IV [Averia Servo]
- #152 San Donato V Ok
- #153 Peña Ezkaurre II
- #154 San Donato VI
- #155 Axial Wraith
- #156 Ibon Atxerito Ago-2012
- #157 Horcados rojos:.collado, cima y c.Veronica
- #158 Santuario nª Sra Oro
- #159 Peñas Aya en Otoño
- #160 Gredos, Laguna grandeI
- #161 Aralar2012
- -------2013-----links to trails Only Pictures. -
- #162 Aizkorri 6 Enero 2013
- #163 Aralar 2013 Febrero
- #164 Hacia rincon de Belagua Feb 2013
- #165 Txindoki collado, invernal
- #166 Aralar bajo la niebla y la nieve
- #167 Ref Belagua y alrededores Feb 2013
- #168 Bianditz bajo la niebla y la nieve
- #169 Llanos de Erraitz
- #170 Aralar 2013 marzo, sigue la nieve
- #171 Nieve?, cerca, en el Ernio
- #172 Helicoidal Contende Karst Pescamou
- #173 Jou de Llorozxa, un azul nunca visto
- #174 Aya174 , cuantas veces he subido..
- #175 Collado Petrechema, nieve
- #176 Vega de Liordes x niebla
- #177 Torre Horcados Rojos en familia
- #178 Vega de Liordes, por fin sin niebla
- #179 Undécima al Aizkorri
- #180 Zona Tatxeras_Amazonas
- #181 Aralar en Noviembre 2013
- #182 Aizkorri Ice I
- -------2014---Winter snows---------------------
- #183 El Ferial - Erraitz (I)
- #184 El Ferial - Erraitz raquetas (II)
- #185 Countende Karst de Larra
- #186 Beriain , hacia la brecha
- #187 Abodi, tunel del Orhi
- #188 Portalet + Piedrafiota )sin)
- #189 Ventisca en el Ferial/Roncalia
- #190 Collado Linza -Feb 2014 -
- #191 Cabaña Veronica Picos Europa -Feb 2014 -
- #192 El Ferial- Ligoleta - Erraiz Roncalia
- #193 un poco Peñaforca otro poco Castillo Acher -Mar 2014 -
- #194 Prima Veranieve en Aguas Tuertas -Abri 2014 -
Enumeration of excursion to date with the Emaxx.
Some had a goal, although some years ago that my reward is to go and be, rather
When I refer to trips with the car, I indicate that except few exceptions,
95+ of every 100 meters, the emaxx do it for themselves.
They pass the car in hand, and if not possible to back, only pieces of five
or six strides on rock or steps.
On a frozen creek in the Ordesa national park.
Picos de Europa. Trail to Horcados Rojos Tower.
Aisa - Riguelo,l Aspe
Ruta 150: Oza - climbing Ibon de Atxerito
Ruta 169 Llanos de Erraitz zona Belagua (Marzo -2013-)
Towards Soaso, reflects the peak of Monte Perdido and Añisclo
Top of Petrechema . Emaxx climbing.